Friday, March 7, 2008

CarSearch™: Introduction

Remember that old show StarSearch that was hosted by Ed McMahon and lots of people age 6 to 60 went head to head against each other to gain the coveted four stars and the chance to fight another day? Well, I'm ripping off their title and pretty much none of their content in my quest to find a new vehicle. So this is going to be a quick warm-up post to make sure everyone is in the same ballpark.

Right now, I drive a 1992 Saturn SC, which you can sorta see on the right in a photo proving I was the first person to arrive for tailgating at the 2002 Ball State football game against Indiana State. So obviously, I've had the car since college. I believe my dad paid $3000 for it, and I've been driving it for six years. It has survived a lot, but it's starting to get worn out. The exhaust rattles a little, and there are a lot of minor things that I just don't care to fix.

So, I have embarked upon a search for a new-ish small-ish SUV. Right now I'm leaning toward a Ford Escape (which you can also see at the right, in a much better -- and much more manly -- photo) or a Chevy Equinox somewhere around the year 2004 or 2005. Hopefully that's enough to get you caught up. The posts will continue throughout the process.

No comments: