Sunday, March 16, 2008

CarSearch™: Climax

This story seems to have taken a turn for the boring (like so many of them do...). I started this little mini-series because I thought it would take a while to make this happen, but it looks like I've found a vehicle that I'm pretty happy with already. I went over to a small dealer in Avon a couple times and looked at a regular Escape that was priced on the low end of my range. It was a little beat up (seats were real bad), as I expected, but the outside looked really nice. I decided I didn't really like that, so I looked around a little more on the Internet and got interested in the Hybrid Escapes. People who have them seemed to be pretty happy with them, and I was finding some that were reasonably priced, considering you get about 30mpg, rather than 17mpg. So I decided my range could be a little bit higher if I considered the car payment part of my lower gas usage.

I talked to the Avon dealer and told them I was leaning toward the Hybrid, so I wasn't interested in the regular one they had anymore. They ended up calling back about 5 minutes later and told me their other lot in Terre Haute had one, and they would have it delivered to Avon in a couple days so I could check it out. I was a little skeptical, but I went and test drove it, and it was really nice. I liked the color, and I got them to come down on the price a little bit. So this car is on the higher end of where I wanted to go, but it's also a year newer and seems like it will last quite a while. So I guess there aren't going to be any insights or 'war stories' from this search. But it's not over yet. We'll see what Monday brings...

No comments: