Saturday, March 29, 2008

Big Engagement News

The moment of truth passed on Thursday night, and I asked Katie to marry me. She thought about it for an uncomfortably long handful of milliseconds and thankfully said yes. So it's for real.

Now's where it gets ugly, or so I hear. Planning, planning, planning. I don't know anything about planning anything, let alone a wedding, but that's what they make fiancees and moms for, right? I don't plan to be uninvolved, but I don't plan to take the lead either. I will happily sit in the back seat and opine when asked to.

But seriously folks, it's happening. It's most likely going to be sometime this fall. I'm crazy excited about it. I think she is. (Can't you tell from all her posts? Oh wait...) My whole family is. (Even more than when I won the spelling bee, or won the Little League Championship, or graduated high school, or broke school records in college track, or graduated college, or found my first job, or moved back to Indiana; I'm pretty sure the only reason anyone has baby boys is to marry them off for grandkids. Or maybe it's just my parents. End of tangent.) Anyway, there will undoubtedly be much more about this in the coming months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Spazz

sumer said...

Scotty!!! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations! Here's wishes for lots of love, hugs, and all that other stuff that you hate to talk about.

Sumer